Thursday 14 May 2009

Nine Trailer Now Up

The trailer for Rob Marshall's new musical Nine is now available and, boy, does it look exciting. I'm not familiar with the Broadway show, being British and all, but the 2003 revival starred Antonio Banderas (never really done it for me) and Jane Krakowski (who: LOVE). The trailer doesn't really tell you what the film's about, only that there's lots of glitter, singing, pretty ladies and Daniel Day Lewis being sprightly.



The ensemble cast include - hold your breath - Nicole Kidman, Daniel Day Lewis, Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench, Marion Cotillard, Fergie and Kate Hudson. Pretty amazing, huh? If you discount Fergie. Although I quite liked her in Planet Terror...maybe she'll surprise? She looks dog rough here though, that's for sure. From the look of the trailer, the emphasis will be on Day Lewis, but I hope Nicole gets a look-in. She badly needs a hit. I can't remember the last commercially successful movie she was in. Maybe The Golden Compass? Even that wasn't successful enough for a sequel (read: FAIL).

I'm not hugely enamoured by Rob Marshall though. Chicago always seemed very by-numbers to me and I'm still not entirely sure how he managed to turn Memoirs Of A Geisha into such a borefest. Regardless. There's singing, and actresses being all throaty, crying and shit. I'm in.

No comments: