Thursday 2 April 2009

Released Today


The Boat That Rocked - New movie from Richard Curtis about a ship off the English coast broadcasting pirate radio in 1966. Richard Curtis' previous films have either really done it for me (Four Weddings, Bridget Jones, Emma Thompson in Love, Actually) or they really don't (Notting Hill, The Edge Of Reason, the rest of Love, Actually). The cast is a mix of the predictable and the interesting. No doubt Bill Nighy will be doing his usual deadpan schtick, although I would happily follow January Jones to the ends of the earth. Reviewers have been unimpressed but no doubt I'll catch this on ITV2 in a few years time.

Monsters Vs. Aliens - Self-explanatory 3D-animated feature from the Dreamworks stable. The first thing I thought when I saw the trailer for this was "Reese Witherspoon hasn't been in anything for ages". I don't count Four Christmases. She looks to have set her default setting to "perky" for this one. Reviews have been positive.

Religulous - Michael Moore-esque documentary about religion in the West. From Larry Charles, director of Borat.

Modern Life - Documentary about the decline of tradition in the French countryside.

No comments: